Julien Finet is the Assistant Director for the Application Development team at Kitware Europe.
He had joined Kitware Europe in 2014 as a Technical Leader.
At Kitware, Julien Finet has been an R&D engineer and a project manager on numerous projects related to Medical imaging (3D Slicer, ITK, DICOM…), Scientific Visualization (VTK, ParaView…), Computer Aided Design (CAD) and more recently over the Web (VTK.js, ParaViewWeb, React…).
In 2014, Julien moved to Kitware France.
At Kitware, Julien Finet has been involved in numerous projects for the Medical and Scientific Visualization departments(VTK, ITK, ParaView…). He notably was the technical lead for porting 3D Slicer to Qt. He has been a major developer on CTK and was leading the Bender project, a Slicer based application for repositioning voxelized anatomical models. In 2014, Julien moved to Kitware France.
Prior to joining Kitware, Mr. Finet worked as an intern at Siemens Corporate Research (Princeton, NJ) in the Neuro Imaging department.He later worked as a consultant for General Electric Healthcare in Buc (France) in the Advantage Workstation department.
Julien Finet received M.S. in Computer Science & Engineering from the Technological University of Compiegne (France) in 2005 and his B.S. in Computer Science with a specialization in Imaging from the University Institute of Technology of Reims (France) in 2002.
As part of his project management missions, Julien obtained the Professional SCRUM Master certification.
- J. Lamy, T. Pelletier, G. Lienemann, B. Magnin, B. Kerautret, N. Passat, J. Finet, A. Vacavant « The 3D Slicer RVXLiverSegmentation plug-in for interactive liver anatomy reconstruction from medical images», Journal of Open Source Software, May 2022
- J. Lamy, T. Pelletier, G. Lienemann, B. Magnin, B. Kerautret, N. Passat, J. Finet, A. Vacavant « A new 3D Slicer plug-in for the interactive annotation and segmentation of liver anatomy», Jan. 2022
- J. Lamy, T. Pelletier, G. Lienemann, B. Magnin, B. Kerautret, N. Passat, J. Finet, A.Vacavant. «Preliminary results with a new annotation tool for liver volume and inner vessels from DCE-MRI data», VPH 2020.
- T. Kapur, S. Pieper, A. Fedorov, J. Fillion-Robin, M. Halle, L. O’Donnell, A. Lasso, T. Ungi, C. Pinter, J. Finet, S. Pujol, J. Jagadeesan, J. Tokuda, I. Norton, R. S. J. Estepar, D. Gering, H. J. Aerts, M. Jakab, N. Hata, L. Ibanez, D. Blezek, J. Miller, S. Aylward, W. Grimson, G. Fichtinger, W. M. Wells, W. E. Lorensen, W. Schroeder, and R. Kikinis, « Increasing the Impact of Medical Image Computing Using Community-Based Open-Access Hackathons: the NA-MIC and 3D Slicer Experience., » Medical image analysis, vol. 33, pp. 176-180, Jul. 2016.
- D. Zukic et al., « SlicerPET: A Workflow Based Software Module For PET/CT Guided Needle Biopsy, » Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery: Proceedings of the 29th International Congress and Exhibition (CARS 2015), Barcelona, Spain, 2015
- D. Zukić, J. Finet, E. Wilson, F. Banovac, G. Esposito, and K. Cleary, « SlicerPET: A workflow based software module for PET/CT guided needle biopsy, » Computer Aided Radiology and Surgery (Internat), pp. 186-187, Jan. 2015.
- J. Finet et al., « Bender: An Open Source Software for Efficient Model Posing and Morphing, Biomedical Simulation Lecture Notes in Computer Science, »Jan. 2014.
- J. Finet et al., « Bender: An Open Source Software for Efficient Model Posing and Morphing, » Springer, vol. 8789, pp. 203-210, Jan. 2014.
- A. Enquobahrie, V. Shivaprabhu, S. Aylward, J. Finet, K. Cleary, and R. Alterovitz, « Patient-specific port placement for laparoscopic surgery using atlas-based registration, » SPIE Medical Imaging, 2013, 2013
- A. Fedorov, R. Beichel, J. Kalpathy-Cramer, J. Finet, J. Fillion-Robin, S. Pujol, C. Bauer, D. Jennings, F. Fennessy, M. Sonka, and others, « 3D Slicer as an image computing platform for the Quantitative Imaging Network, » Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Jan. 2012.
- M. Audette, D. Riviere, C. Law, L. Ibanez, S. Aylward, J. Finet, X. Wu, and M. Ewend, « Approach-specific multi-grid anatomical modeling for neurosurgery simulation with public-domain and open-source software, » Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers, 2011
- H. Yang, M. Audette, A. Enquobahrie, J. Finet, and S. Barre, « The Application of Textbook-Based Surgical Ontologies to Neurosurgery Simulation Requirements, » Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS), 25th International Congress and Exhibition, 2011